“I will guide you through the bankruptcy process and help you to get back on stable financial ground.”
– Kimberly A. Kramer
Kimberly A. Kramer is the owner of Kimberly Kramer, P.L.C., a law firm specializing in bankruptcy representation for consumers and small businesses. Ms. Kramer has successfully represented over 3000 consumers and small businesses in Bankruptcy Cases since 1998.
After graduating from Michigan State University with a Bachelor’s of Science in Social Sciences, Ms. Kramer graduated from Valparaiso University School of Law in the top fifth of her class. She participated in an externship with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Indiana. She also interned at Dow Corning in their finance law section during their chapter 11 days.
Ms. Kramer was a founding member of Jacobs & Kramer, P.L.L.C. where she practiced for four years before opening her own practice in 2006. She practiced primarily in consumer bankruptcy but also represented people in misdemeanor criminal charges, divorce work, collections, small estate planning and a few personal injuries. She became a partner after two years. The firm, Jacobs & Kramer, split in 2006. She remains at the Bay City office.
Ms. Kramer is an active attorney on the pro bono roster for Legal Services of Eastern Michigan where she has committed to representing at least twelve debtors per year on a pro bono basis, and has assisted in training staff attorneys to practice bankruptcy law.
Ms. Kramer attends professional education seminars at least semi-monthly. She also participates in speaking events with her associations and frequently contributes scholarly writings to them.
- Michigan State University – B.S., Social Sciences (1994)
- Valparaiso University School of Law
– Highest honors in Banking & Finance Law, Contracts Law and Law & Economics
- District and Circuit Courts for the State of Michigan
- United States Federal Court, Eastern Districts of Michigan
- United States Federal Court, Western Districts of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Bay County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Consumer Bankruptcy Association
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
Presentations and Affiliations
- Davenport University Teaching Business Law I and II, Adjunct Faculty Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Spoken at numerous seminars and published articles
- ICLE, Spoken at numerous events and published articles